UGA Campus Visits
Located on east campus near the School of Art, the University of Georgia Visitors Center
provides student-led campus tours and staffs an information desk to assist campus guests.
The School of Art is located at 270 River Road, Athens, GA 30602.
Visiting the School of Art
Tours of the School of Art are conducted by our Dodd Ambassadors, a select group of undergraduate student representatives. Tours are offered on Mondays and Fridays only and appointments are required. Please contact us at least one week in advance to schedule a visit to the School and tour the facilities.
Throughout the fall, winter and summer, the Graduate Office welcomes prospective students to campus by appointment. Visitors will meet with a representative from the Dodd and tour the facilities. Appointments are available most weekdays. Please contact the Dodd Graduate Studies Office to arrange a visit.
Prospective graduate students are also encouraged to contact the chair of the areas most relevant to their work. View the faculty directory by area for information about current area chairs.
Weekdays 6:30am –10:00pm
Semester Breaks: closes at 6:00pm
Directions to the Lamar Dodd School of Art
Traveling by air
UGA is accessible from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Atlanta, GA. Average travel time between the airport and the University is one-and-one-half hours, though travel time may be affected by Atlanta traffic. There is scheduled ground shuttle service between Hartsfield-Jackson and various points in Athens. For more information or to make a reservation, contact Groome Transportation (706-612-1155). Rental car service is also available.
Traveling by Car
- Follow I-85 to Georgia Highway 316 (Exit 106).
- Proceed east on GA 316 for approximately 40 miles until you see signs for Athens Perimeter (GA Loop 10). Important: Make sure not to exit at the exit for Bogart/Monroe at US Highway 78.
- Following the “University of Georgia/Lexington/Hartwell” sign at the junction of GA 316 and the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), bear right onto the Athens Perimeter (Loop 10).
- Continuing on Athens Perimeter (Loop 10), proceed to and exit at College Station Road (Exit 7).
- Turn left onto College Station Road.
- Turn right onto River Road- you will pass a large parking deck on the left- bear to the right to continue on River Road
- You will see a brown sign for the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Parking deck on the left. Turn left.
- Go up the hill & the parking deck is straight ahead (pay by the hour).
Visitors may park in any pay lot or pay deck. All parking deck pay facilities accept credit cards.
There are two parking decks close to the School of Art: the South Campus Parking Deck and the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Parking Deck (see map).
After 4pm, E11 and E07 surface lots adjacent to the School of Art lots are avilable for visitor parking at no charge: