Stephanie Sutton is a Georgia native, currently living and working in Athens. Her work utilizes photography, video installation, sculpture, and performance to probe transformative notions of discipline and pleasure. Investigating subjectivity and its relationship to the lens, she borrows from conventions of ritual and labor to embody ideas of self-control and complicate assumptions of the fat body. Sutton received her MFA from the Lamar Dodd School of Art at the University of Georgia in 2017.
Stephanie assists the Associate Director of Graduate Studies and provides essential administrative support to graduate students. She serves as liaison between School faculty and graduate students and the Graduate School regarding requirements for graduate study and preparation for graduation
- Graduate course advising and record-keeping
- Assists with graduate application process and assistantships
- Manages Visiting Artist Series including facilitation and PR coordination
in conjunction with VAS committee and hosts
- Assists with faculty and student awards/scholarships
- Handles graduate program information requests