fall 2017 dates:
Installation: Wednesday, Oct. 18th – Sunday, Oct. 22nd
Review: Monday, Oct. 23rd – Thursday, Oct. 26th
Notification: Friday, Oct. 27th
Dodd Portfolio Requirements:
Each student participating in the Portfolio Review must turn in one copy of the Portfolio Review Form to the area in which they are applying along with their portfolio submission. The form is below. Each application must include the following:
- Area(s) of Choice (students are encouraged to apply to two separate areas)
- Statement of Interest (typed, one-page paper relating your interest in the area)
- Copy of Transcripts (copy of a degree works audit)
Area Chairs will provide their area specific requirements. Typical portfolio submissions include the following:
- examples of area-specific course work
- examples of course work from Foundations Courses
Each studio area will provide an installation site for students to set up their work for review by faculty. This will allow faculty from all areas the opportunity to visit each facility in order to see the scope of progress of our students through roughly three semesters of course work at the Dodd.
Individual Area Requirements:
Submit the following documents to eLC:
- Typed and signed Art Ed Early Experience Form
- Current degree audit (printable from Degree Works)
- 500 word statement outlining your reasons for majoring in art education
- Evidence of GACE scores or exemption which includes a combined minimum 1000 SAT: Verbal-Critical Reading and Mathematics/ 43 ACT
- 5 Digital images of artwork created in university studio courses. Please label each file with course name (e.g. last name.studiowork.ARST2110.pdf).
Contact Area Chair of Art Education Lynn Bustle with any questions.
- Two to three fired ceramic pieces, either utilitarian pots and/or ceramic sculptures
- Include at least one drawing or painting
Jewelry and Metalwork
- One example of 3-D work from Foundations
- One example of 2-D work from Foundations
- Work done in Beginning Jewelry Class if taken
Painting and Drawing
Your 10 best images/videos from your intro class. We are looking for work that shows successful image making, both conceptually and technically. You may have 30% of this be from past projects not from this class. Format these images with the specifications below and upload them to: http://bit.ly/2mTB3dJ
Portfolios not formatted correctly will not be viewed.
FILE NAMES: initials+001 ex: MS001
Images as JPGS: 1600px on the longest side
Videos: .MOV or .MP4: Max time 3:00 minutes per video
Address any questions to Area Chair Marni Shindelman.
For more information on applying to Sculpture, click here.
Contact Area Chair of Sculpture and Art X Martijn van Wagtendonk to schedule an entrance meeting.