Checkout for Audio/Visual Equipment
S248 // 2nd Floor Atrium, Main Art Building
hours: 10am–12pm & 1–3pm
Many items in the CAVE are reserved for students in a specific class or major. General use items available to all CAVE patrons include:
- Tripods and light meters
- 35mm film cameras
- Digital & video cameras
- Audio recorders
- Speakers, headphones & wireless mic kits
- Lighting kits
- projectors & monitors
- DVD & media payers
- A/V Cables and Adapters
A detailed list of all available equipment can be accessed online through the reservation link (the link is only accessible from on-campus locations)
Equipment is for use by School of Art students, faculty, and staff.
2 day checkouts for undergraduates:
- checkouts on a Monday will be due back on a Wednesday
- checkouts on a Thursday will be due back on a Monday
4 day checkouts for grads and faculty:
- checkouts on a Monday will be due back on a Thursday
- checkouts on a Thursday will be due back on a Wednesday
Special exceptions will exist for specific classes
Patrons will be held responsible for any loss or damage of equipment.
Checkouts over $999 require proof of insurance. Students will find affordable coverage at collegestudentinsurance.com
- $3,000 coverage for $92 a year
- $4,000 coverage for $106 a year
- $5,000 coverage for $131 a year
A pro-rated $20 per day late fee applies to all items not returned on time.
The Checkout for Audio and Visual Equipment will accept cash or check; no credit cards.
Unpaid fees result in lockout from further checkouts and holds placed on transcripts and future enrollment.
Online Reservation Instructions:
- Go to this link (using any computer on campus)
- Enter using your UGA myID and password.
- Click the "+" on the Future Reservations tab. (on right side of tab; you may need to scroll over or expand your browser window)
- Browse inventory.
- Click the "+" next to the equipment item(s) you would like to reserve.
- Set "Start" time and date for when you would like to pick up your reservation. (top left)
— pick-ups can only be made between 10am–11:30am; 1pm-2:30pm Monday–Friday
— an hour turn-around time is required for items currently checkout out. (So if a checked-out item that you would like to reserve is being returned at 10am, the earliest you can set the start time of your reservation is 11am)
- Set "End" time for when you will return your checkout.
— returns can only be made between 10am–11:30am; 1pm-2:30pm Monday–Friday
— max checkout time for grads and faculty: 4 days (not counting Saturday/Sunday)
— max checkout time for undergrads: 2 days (not counting Saturday/Sunday)
- Click "Confirm" to confirm your reservation. (if you instead see a red hand error message, you may need to re-enter your "start" and/or "end" time)